The CAW series of connectors have been specially designed to provide a waterproof connection between insulated overhead services to a variety of bare aluminium overhead mains. Both single and double tap models are available along with a two bolt mains and service tap for neutral connections.
The two bolt CAW is specifically designed for the neutral connection where two bolts or clamping plates contact the conductor ensuring a positive dual connection.
Products on this page are unsuitable for multi-stranded flexible cables.
|Product Number||Mains Cable Range mm²||Service side cable range mm²||No. of Service Connections||Viewing Window|
|CAW35||16-210||6 – 35||1||Yes|
|CAW235||16-210||6 – 35||2||Yes|
|CAW35BK||16-210||6 – 35||1||No|
|CAW235BK||16-210||6 – 35||2||No|
|CAW35DB||16-210||6 – 35||1||Yes|
Note: Add suffix ‘E’ for addition of yellow shear-head indicator
• Positive clamping of mains with the use of shear-head technology
• Insulated service connection made with the use of insulation piercing technology, no need to strip service conductor insulation
• Easy and simple to use
• Supplied with service conductor viewing window to show fully inserted or can be supplied black with no window
• Can be supplied as single or twin service connection
• Translucent viewing window for visual check to ensure the conductor is fully inserted right up to the window
• Disconnection of service by easy removal of the connector from the mains
• Complies with relevant sections of AS/NZS 4396:1999.